Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

Abundance

My devotion talked about God's abundance today. How He is abundant in resources and blessings. "Come to Me with open hands and heart, ready to receive all I have for you."

How priceless is your unfailing love!
Both high and low among men
find [a] refuge in the shadow of your wings. Psalm 7

"The more you pray, the more answers you can receive. Best of all, your faith is strengthened as you see how precisely I respond to your specific prayers."

It's refreshing reading these words. I feel as though they are being whispered to my heart, softly but reassuring. I go through a long day like today and forget to breathe. I neglect to take advantage of the moments where I can rest in His voice and instead I hurry along my day. But it is so reassuring to know that God is abundant and is waiting. His everlasting resources are right at my front door waiting for me to consume them, all I have to do is go. I need to forget my agenda, my plan, my to-do's, and allow God to take over. This seems to be my daily prayer, but sometimes my devotions reveal this to me in different ways. Settling myself and allowing God to speak to me is my weakness. But reading the verses and the sweet words eases my heart that no matter how far I try to run or control my life, He will always be there patiently waiting.

God is abundantly resourceful. He will provide my light, hope, and joy.

"I sought the Lord, and he answered me, and delivered me from all my fears." (Psalm 34:4)
"Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer. From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe. I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings." (Psalm 61:1-4)

No comments:

Post a Comment