Pages

Saturday, March 20, 2010

DaY 1-Motivation

I've been so excited about my CHAlean Extreme. I've been so excited but I've also needed to remind myself to be prayerful throughout the experience. It leaves room for obsession, preoccupation, replacing any sort of void, and finding my self worth only through this program. I have to remind myself why I am doing it, WHO I am doing it for, and WhAt I must do throughout it to remain obedient.

It came in the mail yesterday and I was jumping for joy! WoohoO! I finally have something to work for. But in the back of my mind I was worrying. I didn't allow anyone to know this, especially not Matthew. I asked him if he had faith in me and at first he was hesitant, due to all my BIG dreams that I never follow through with. This could be another one of those. I began feeling down because I've been doubting myself too...

I really believe this is what I am supposed to be doing. Giving myself a schedule, a goal, and just a program that I can be a part of. I woke up this morning and I did it! It was awesome. It was better than I could have imagined. The work out was 40 minutes long and I never looked waiting for it to end.  I was having fun, feeling my muscles  burning, and was excited for the next time I get to do it.

Before I began the workout I decided that this would be a journey for me. Not only a fitness journey, but a journey where I can find peace in myself. Where I don't become occupied with how my body is looking or how its only been one day, but I look at each day I do it as a success. I believe that this will transform the way I look at myself and I'll find a brand new appreciation. So this journey is a journey to acceptance.

I'm eager to continue on, and I will journal everday of my progress. Today was day 1 and I could only do 5 of the intense push ups, but I was ok with that! I felt a BURN!!! So maybe by next week I can do 6.

"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go, I will counsel you and watch over you." - Psalm 32:8

I read this verse before I began to remind myself who my true instructor was. I believe that He has planned this out for me, and He will take care of me through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment