Pages

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Serenity


Tonight I decided to try and fall asleep to Why Did I Get Married, 2. Bad idea! I usually fall asleep to The Nanny, sort of uneventful just funny, but this movie, was quite the rollercoaster.
Divorce.
Anger.
Cheating.
Lies.
ETC!
Holy Moly, by the end of the movie I had tears, I was fearful, and I was stressed. Movies like that are usually bad for me to watch because I end up taking upon the emotions the movie carries. So, if the movie is sad and depressing, I end up feeling sad and depressed. Go figure.
But somehow, by the end of the movie, I also feel enlightened. Now, I'm wide awake at 4 a.m, thinking about my life.

Serenity.
Everything that the movie wasn't, serene.


God grant me the serenity


to accept the things I cannot change;


courage to change the things I can;


and wisdom to know the difference.


Living one day at a time;


Enjoying one moment at a time;


Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;


Taking, as He did, this sinful world


as it is, not as I would have it;


Trusting that He will make all things right


if I surrender to His Will;


That I may be reasonably happy in this life


and supremely happy with Him


Forever in the next.


Amen.






--Reinhold Niebuhr

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go, I will



counsel you and watch over you.


- Psalm 32:8

I sometimes consider myself a worry wart, well maybe more than not. But I have to remind myself that nothing is in my control. I'm such a control seeker, in ways that I don't even notice and I'm not even going to go in to that. But my struggle, to let go. To accept the way my life is, because I have to trust that it's the way God wants it to be. I cannot worry about my job, my home, or my struggles, instead I have to give them up. So hard.
But I'm reminding myself tonight, at 4am. To not worry, to not stress, and to not let the world affect the way I live my life.

"Let go and let GOd."


Be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead!"







- I Peter 1:6

No comments:

Post a Comment