Pages

Monday, September 16, 2013

Let's try that again

The plan for Saturday was to do 18-20 miles. I so badly wanted to do it, but it wasn't going to be smart for me. I was sick the previous weekend so I wasn't able to get my miles in. That meant I missed a long run so I was going from 0 to 18, that's WAY too much of a jump. Honestly, 16, which is what I did, was probably a big stretch but I wanted to do it.

Training has been hard, ya'll. Saying you're going to commit to a marathon is one thing but doing it, is totally different. Committing at least 3 hours every Saturday and usually 2 hours 2 times during the week is A LOT. Especially when you already have a full time job and you're trying to get other things done in the week. I've started to realize how little time I seem to have.

Saturday was probably the first Saturday where I woke up and just did not want to go run. The thought of it sounded terrible and I just couldn't get myself ready for it. I think I was nervous because I went a whole week with only one run and the last long run I did was terrible (see previous post). I didn't let Debby Downer deep inside of me win so I put my running shorts on and headed out to meet everyone at Grassland Park. I've run Grassland once before, it was where I ran my first half marathon EVA! I love the route, absolutely love it. Especially in the morning when the sun is rising and there are horses everywhere. My idea of heavenly.

If you went outside at all last Saturday, you will know that IT WAS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL DAY EVER! I felt so good during my run and I felt lucky to be out there enjoying it at the time I did. I could not have been more perfect.

The run last Saturday was probably the best long run I've ever had. I think I finally fueled properly (CARB LOADED LIKE A CHAMP) and I was rocking my brand new fuel belt which helped a ton. I didn't have my phone on this run so no pictures and no music.

 My knees hurt pretty bad after this last run so I'm going to need a lot of prayers for my knees to hold up. I'm hoping it was just because of the jump from 0 to 16 and this isn't what my future is going to look like.

The marathon is in less than two months, if you want to donate, please visit my fundraising page!!! I appreciate your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment