Pages

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Selfishness, around me and in me.

I could provide many examples (MANY) of when I've been selfish or when I've seen others around me consumed in their selfishness. Tonight I've been thinking and I've been angry about other people's selfishness, but then I have to remind myself:

Luke 6:37
“Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven;

Judgement comes to easy sometimes. I can sit here just thinking about my aggrivations towards friends and aquaintences about their selfishness. I then need to remind myself that I have no right to be angry or bothered, because I am guilty of the same thing.

My prayer tonight is to rest and quietly be able to meditate. I pray that I can pray for others and pray for myself without any judgement or anger. I want to be friendly to those who I may not think deserve it, and do it with a loving heart. My prayer is to be able to focus more on Jesus and allow him to take complete control of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment