Pages

Sunday, April 25, 2010

I'm going to fight it, with strength not my own

10 In bitterness of soul Hannah wept much and prayed to the LORD. 11 And she made a vow, saying, "O LORD Almighty, if you will only look upon your servant's misery and remember me, and not forget your servant but give her a son, then I will give him to the LORD for all the days of his life, and no razor will ever be used on his head."  1 Samuel 1:10

1"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God[a]; trust also in me. 2In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4You know the way to the place where I am going." John 14


Another struggle is going by feeling. Feeling alone. If I'm not "feeling" great about myself I let it affect my day,the way I interact with people, and my mood alone. I'm still battling it. I want to get past the "feeling." I want to move to my faith and my trust that I am who God says I am, not how I feel I am. Random verses and stories help me conquer this. The story of Hannah was a new one to me. But her faith got her through and in the end blessed her. She was in a depressed lonely state but prayed and fought. I only hope that I can be so strong the next time I am overcome. It's so much easier said then done.


I want my self-worth to come from something other than the world. I want it to come from God. I want to stand strong in who I am..not because I'm alike the world or those standing next to me, but because I can stand alone. Finding my self-worth through something other than my eyes will be a big journey for me:

"There's a mountain, here before me.
And I'm going to climb it,
with strength not my own.

He's going to lead me,
or the mountain beats me
carry me through
carry me through"

No comments:

Post a Comment