Pages

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Healthy Cookie Dough Balls

Well, it's Saturday morning and I wake up at 7 a.m. What do I do with myself? I bake.

Sometimes I get caught up researching and pondering about what I can muster up in the kitchen. I like to use as little ingredients as possible, because then I know I'm more likely to actually have the ingredients on hand! That said, I really need to go to the grocery store and pick up some more of the necessities(flour, sucanet, earth balance).

Yesterday I came across a plethora of interesting recipes titled "Cookie Dough Balls." The idea of eating cookie dough is glorious to everyone, but eating healthy cookie dough is beyond amazing. As we all know, I like to make normal recipes and change them to healthier eats. This doesn't mean it loses the flavor though. I shall never sacrfice the flavor of pure sweetness. Instead of using things such as sugar or brown sugar, I go to the raw form of sucanet. Sucanet is a new ingredient I've been using and it's very grainy. I was a little nervous using it the first time. Unlike brown sugar, it isn't moist. You can squish it down and make it clump. But when being baked, it turns into a brown sugar substance. It's glorious I tell ya!

Anywho.
PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE DOUGH BALLS are what's happening, right now.

These are the wet ingredients you will start with. You can always substitute the sucanet for brown sugar.


Put it in a large bowl, and blend.


Beat until fluffy

Dry Ingredients


Mix the dry ingredients and then slowly add to the wet.

Mix in the chocolate chips. The recipe also called for peanut butter chips but I didn't have any on hand.





Healthy Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Balls

1/2 cup Earth Balance Butter (normal butter would work too)
3/4 Cup Natural Peanut Butter
1/2 cup Sucanet (brown sugar)
1/2 t. vanilla
1 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
3/4 t. salt
1 c. whole wheat flour
Chocolate Chips

Chill the dough for 30 minutes
350 degrees for 10-12 minutes

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmm healthy cookie dough balls yum! I love how little they are and you can just pop them in your mouth :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're perfect! And sweet enough so just one will hold you over, just don't forget the milk:)

    ReplyDelete