Pages

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Apple Cinnamon Oat Bars

Want to take a gander on my latest creation? Let's just say it's sweet, moist, and quite healthy. One would never know that what lies inside this tasty treat are simple and nutritous ingredients. I get nervous when I try baking something new, but I am very happy with these results.

I turned this

Into this:



The process is simple but does take a little elbow grease. It all started with dicing of the apples. After dicing them into little bits, I put them on the stove in a saucepan. I then added some maple syrup, vegan butter, sucanet, and spices. I simmered those on the stove top while I prepared the oat base.



For the Oat base:

Combine oats and wheat flour

Add the sucanet to the mix


Maple Syrup, Earth Balance Butter, Flax Egg, Vanilla Extract, and almond milk.

mix mix mix!



Looks tasty doesn't it?

At this point (about 10 minutes later) your apple mixture should be done cooking and your home should smell lovely.



Spread it in a 9X9 pan

OH my gracious, look beautimous!


Spread your apple mixture over the oat base.


I saved half of the oat base for the top, but you can do it however you want. I wanted to make a layered bar, it worked great!



I decided right before I put it in the oven that instead of a streusal topping, I would just sprinkle sucanet on top. I'm so happy I did, it added a sweet crunch! This stuff is ahhh-maze-ING!










I will definitely be making more of these! I will be trying out different modifications for them also, so we shall see how it turns out!

4 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmm...looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. frickin delicious looking is about all I can say! I love the big chunks of apples.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That. Looks. So. Good. This is one of those times that I wish food blogs were interactive experiences and readers could taste the displayed treats, haha. I used a flax egg in a recipe the other day for the first time, more as an emergency replacement when I realized I was out of eggs; who knew they worked so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know! I think the flax egg is genius! These are so yummy, I'm about to make another batch:)

    ReplyDelete