Pages

Sunday, November 7, 2010

A day of neglect

I waited to read my Jesus Calling until right before bed, again. During the week I have a set routine in which I follow very well. Once the weekend rolls around, I lose all sense of my dedication and devotion. I had a wary weekend and decided that right before I roll over and go to sleep, I'd read my Jesus Calling. After reading it I realized that everything it was saying, was exactly what I needed to hear for the feelings I've been feeling.

Why do I find the need to fufill my day with things? When I'm going going going, my only desire is to get some me-time. But once I'm granted with that moment, I'm fogging it up with things I'd rather be doing. I spent my entire Sunday trying to think of what I could do.

Jesus Calling reminded me tonight that "Your sense of security must not rest in your possessions or in things going your way. I am training you to depend on Me alone, finding fulfillment in My Presence."



No comments:

Post a Comment