Pages

Sunday, July 27, 2014

One Week

Happy one week to my sweet little Cooper! I cannot believe it's already been a week but I must say, it's been the most love-filled, special week of my life.

I've typed up his birth story but I still have to go back through it so I will post that at some point soon.

So week one was full of a LOT of questions. Oh my word. I seriously had/have no idea what I am doing but it's been a fun adventure trying to figure it all out. While we were in the hospital, the only thing I really had to worry about was nursing him!

After having him, I was FULL of adrenaline. That first night I was wide awake (after laboring through the entire night before) and I loved when the nurses came in and I would have someone to talk to. I got to just sit and stare at my sweet little bundle and it was a really special time. Matthew, on the other hand, was completely exhausted so he slept a lot. :)

Leaving the hospital was definitely a weird experience. I loved being there (which is probably strange) but I was also ready to bring Cooper home! The first day being home we were all pretty exhausted so we all took a family nap. Pretty much for the rest of the week it was a lot of nursing, changing diapers, and Cooper taking naps. Babies really don't do much else :)

The hardest part of the week was definitely Cooper's sleep schedule. He came out of the womb thinking night was day and day was night, so nighttime rest has been a bit of a struggle. I started looking up every which way to reverse it and now we are working on getting him sleeping at night. Last night was his first night in the crib and he slept 4 hours straight then another 3 hours straight! I am hoping this keeps up!

We were also able to bring Cooper to church this morning which was a complete blessing. It was great to get out of the house and to share him with our church family. My heart is so full and this past week has been one of so many blessings and love.

Cooper's church outfit




 

No comments:

Post a Comment