Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Fitting in my skin

The feelings I feel throughout the day are most commonly selfish, I would say. I worry about what others think of me, what I look like, and sometimes how much I dislike the way I look that day. It's all selfish.

Mark 7:20-23\

And he said, “What comes out of a person is what defiles him. For from within, out of the heart of man, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, coveting, wickedness, deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride, foolishness. All these evil things come from within, and they defile a person.” 

I get frustrated because all I want to know is why. Or when. Or how.

Why do I think like this?
When did this become such an issue?
And How can I make this go away?

Truth is, you can't. I can't. We can't. She can't. He can't. Get the drift? :)

Only God can. 


Only God can wake me up in the morning, only God can provide me with the peace I need throughout the day to conquer this, and only God can give me a sense of fullness. I can't beat this battle alone.


This battle that's been going on for too long. 

My desire for today is to accept me. To fully and confidently know who I am through Christ.  No matter how many clothes I buy, how many friends I have, or how successful I become, nothing can supply me with the true happiness I need in life besides Christ. I have to remember that. Every time I look in the mirror and begin thinking negatively, I am hurting Him.

Why should I be spending/wasting my days on the way I look? That's selfish isn't it. The habitual act of thinking about ones-self. Even if it isn't positive thinking, I'm wasting thoughts that I could be having on something beneficial. gah.


Proverbs 31:30 (Show me Proverbs 31)

Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.


I guess what I am trying to say, is that I want to fit in my skin. But not because I feel OK that day, but because I know God made me...created me...and is pleased with me.


The smell of lavender has a strange calming effect on me . :)
 Find this picture here.

 


Happy weekend!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment