Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Taffeta, Satin, Lace, OH MY!


Ok, so being engaged has brought on an entire new world to my little eyes. I've had to learn what different flowers are, which ones are in season and which go well together, color schemes and bridesmaid dress styles, prices for anything and everything, and location location location!(who knew finding a place to get married would take SO long and SO much stress) hallelujah it's all sorted out!

It's a bit overwhelming at times, I'm not the detail oriented type. I go with the flow and I don't typically make decisions. I love all things romantic and fresh, airy and light, dainty and laced. I look at TONS of pictures and say "oh thats pretty, oh that one too, wait that one too!" But I only have one wedding to plan, so I have to narrow down the options, at least this is what they tell me. I need to decide what I want my cake to look like, not the millions that I love. I need to decide which flowers specifically I will hold, not the bouquets I've found and admire. I have to pick one. I need to have one theme and stick with it. Romantic, simple, naturalistic, extravagent, or garden-esque.

And oh my, I have to pick my dress! This has been the toughest of them all. I've loved almost every dress I try on. There is usually one thing I don't like about each of them though, so I can never decide. Is my dress even out there? Yes, I've found a couple that could be my dress, but it comes with a price tag I'm not willing to settle for. I love the lace dresses for the romantic feel and for my obsession with anything lace. But besides lace, who knew there were so many fabrics. Taffeta? I've never even heard of it. But it feels like heaven when you put it on. It weighs what seems like less than a feather. I am in love with taffeta. Or how about organza, beautiful and airy. It's sweet and lovely if I had to choose words to describe it. I love the organza. Or how about satin? Elegant and crisp, smooth and thick. Or Tulle? Not my type, thick and princess-like, definitely has the ball gown look. 

source

Take a look here, and you'll find that your options are endless for fabrics.

You know, I came into this wedding planning thinking simplicity is me. I like all things simple. I like elegant and sweet, but not over-the-top. I quickly came to realize that I'm simple, yes, but also complicated. My dress style has morphed completely since the beginning and I'm now looking at dresses that are completely opposite from where I started. (I think this is typical, most people will tell you.) But anywho, it's amazing how much thought and decision have to go into your wedding. It's taken me completely out of my comfort zone, yet I love every second of it. Dress shopping has by far been my favorite, you get treated like a queen and get to try on ALL sorts of different dresses. And wedding dresses are like no other, they are poofy and long, and I can just imagine twirling in them all day. They make me feel like a million bucks:)


Today could possibly be a life-changing day. It's all a matter of God's plan. I woke up today feeling great (could have something to do with my dream of wedding dresses), but I'm taking it with caution and prayer.

"And Jesus answered them, “Truly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what has been done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ it will happen."  Matthew 21:21

"And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7 

4 comments:

  1. "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7 

    Needed this!! Love you, and your wedding will be fabulous! & you will be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the choices! If you're not picky, that means that you'll be satisfied with your choices!

    A part of me looks forward to doing this one day... while a part of me dreads it. I want very low-key wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I'm excited to see how everything turns out!

    Love you Marissa!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you find the dress of your dreams!!

    ReplyDelete