Pages

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Psyched!



Hello again blog world! So it's almost been an entire year since I've blogged and I must say it's sort of strange getting this post out there. BUT, reservations aside, I have exciting news that has given me reason to get the blog going.

I'll start off by saying I have this strange thing that happens, when I start running, I want to start writing. Does this happen to anyone else? I think it's because I do so much thinking while I run and when I get home, I have so much to process and I don't want to forget everything. Anyways, I want to get to the purpose of this post and I can later recap recent happenings and running thoughts.




THIS!^^^^^^^

I've joined Team in Training (TNT)! Have you heard of it? I never had!

Long story short,  I've been training for a September half marathon but my ultimate goal has been to run a marathon. As I was telling my running partner about trying to decide what marathon I wanted to do, she mentioned me joining the Team in Training program and that it's pretty simple.

The rundown: You join TNT, you raise money for the cause & train with your team, and you run your marathon!

 I've always wanted to get involved with a good cause/volunteer somewhere, I just never knew exactly what route I wanted to go. All I knew was that I wanted to do something good, so I started looking up information about it. After reading about it, I instantly knew that this was what I wanted to do. It also turned out that they just started their training for the Nashville marathon (November 9th/ Hard Rock Cafe)! I signed up!

SO, it's official, my first half marathon ever will be in September and my first marathon ever will be in November! It'll be a busy Fall!

As much fun as this sounds, I need support! A LOT! Not only do I need prayer (for mental and physical strength) but also financial support. All of the proceeds will go straight to LS and it will help save lives. If you want information on exactly what this is and what the society is all about, e-mail me! I will be more than happy to provide you with as much information as possible!

Also, I'll be creating incentives along the way and I'll continue to make updates regarding my training. I'll provide you with my direct fundraising page link but you will see that you can donate right through this page as well. -------> it's over there, sort of up top to the right--------> do you see it?! :)



I can't wait to update you along the way. It's going to be fantastic!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment