Monday, August 12, 2013


Another 10 miles done! Saturday was HOT and HUMID but we all survived!

Our run this past Saturday was at Lipscomb. I love it over there, so scenic! Our route was another out and back so you can turn around at any point but the goal was to do 10. I didn't feel great for this run, I felt tired and around mile 4 I got a cramp. Luckily, there was a water stop at 5 and I ate some jelly beans and had some Gatorade and felt good as new. By the time we turned around, the humidity didn't really bother me anymore. However, my knee was a whole other issue. For this run, my knee locked up and limping was involved. I would stop and now and again and stretch, so overall I felt fine.

I'm beginning to learn that my knee may be a problem so I'm going to work hard this week at strengthening and stretching.  This weekend we are aiming to do 14-16 miles so I can't risk my knee locking again. This run will be a big run for me, definitely the most I've ever done and more than I've ever considered doing (before I committed to run a marathon).

 These ladies made my run so much more enjoyable!

On another note, our weekend was quite eventful. We dog sat for a friend of mine and Shelby doesn't realize she weighs 50 pounds more than the little pup. I took this picture because they rarely did this, I think they were actually pretending and moments after this they probably pounced on each other.

Another amazing part of the weekend was visiting friends who just had baby twins! Oh my gracious, absolutely precious. But before we visited them, Matthew and I stopped by Cracker Barrel. I miss him, he's gone a lot. Like, everyday except Saturday and Sunday. Dates are necessary and I wish I could have three everyday.

Ok, so since Matthew's gone everyday except for the weekend, we've found that our weekends are SUPER busy. Busy with things that obviously haven't gotten done during the week. You know what we don't have time for? My car pooping out on me. Ya'll, it happens all the time. BUT MATTHEW SAVES THE DAY every time! I was pulling into Lipscomb on Saturday morning @ 6:00a.m for my run and it just died..started smoking and died. I'm just thankful I made it to the run, or my 5:00a.m wake up call would have been for nothing!

Anywho, this is how we spent our Saturday evening. Him fixing my car, me watching. I try to entertain him while he's working but I'm not sure if it's effective. If anyone ever needs someone to fix their car, call Matthew. He's fixed just about everything in mine and it works like a champ, until the next thing goes out (this time was water pump).

This post has turned into a lot of random, but I wanted to let you know that I sold my table but the folks didn't want the chairs! How bout that?! If anyone is in need of chairs, I have three! E-mail ( for the deets! 

Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment